Thursday, February 9, 2012

Water Lillies, Oatmeal, Workouts...


Check this out: It is a short story that is beautiful and sad... Read it HERE, it is called Water Lillies or Painting Water Lillies.



Anyway, it is almost my 20th birthday and I feel like I should make a small fitness goal to reach by then. I mean, it is in almost 2 weeks so nothing drastic, but some sort of goal. I guess my goal is going to be No Sugary Treats until my birthday - and then I will make a cake or something. My dad just turned 50 two weeks ago and his goal was to have a six pack (abs) by his birthday. I don't think I'm quite there yet! (Neither is he, but he thinks he is :) )
This weekend my college is having a semi-formal gambling and dancing event so I've been pretty good about cutting late night and evening carbs - but my period hit my like ton of bricks and literally had me bedridden for nearly two days. I am border-lining on having an iron deficiency (Time to up the spinach and beans!) and, apparently, bleeding profusely isn't beneficial! -_- So I was very dizzy and weak yesterday and in intense pain the day before. I have been putting off going to the gyno or doing any sort of pelvic exams because my aunt had a cyst that really inhibited her ability to have kids and I'm kind of scared. Her biggest symptom was incredibly painful cramps and that is me! But, on the flip side, maybe this means I don't actually have to use birth control which would be super nice considering estrogen can hinder our ability to lose fat. Not good! Moving on from my health problems...
I've been really good about getting my morning green tea in! I just really like waking up and having a cup of green tea. I feel better about myself! And I have been having good breakfasts - I'm trying something new. I've been buying soy yogurt and adding frozen blueberries or raspberries and then adding a sprinkle of Special K Protein Plus (low carb) cereal and another sprinkle of dry oats. When I have a little more time/energy in the morning I've been trying to get my oatmeal on! I usually make it with water, but I forgot to fill up my water bottle (we are not recommended to drink the faucet water in this city) so I used my soy milk - it is WestSoy brand and the nonfat version so it is very thin. It was sweet enough that I didn't have to add a packet of Stevia like I normally do. Then I add on some frozen fruit - the raspberry is really good! I love breakfast and I think it is sooooo important - as in, I DIE without a good breakfast. A pb&j (or a[lmond]b&j) is also good in the morning, I've found!


This is a fitness video I'm planning on doing on Sunday:


Ok, time to do calculus!

No comments:

Post a Comment